Classical Music Volume 1 for Flexible Flute Ensemble (for 2, 3, 4 or more)
arr. by Phyllis Avidan Louke, pub. ALRY Publications
The music in Classical Music for Flexible Flute Ensemble Volume 1 was arranged specifically to provide maximum flexibility in the number of parts required to provide an successful ensemble experience and an effective performance. These arrangements work well for ensembles of mixed abilities, as well as student ensembles. A Flute Descant part is included for more advanced players.
These arrangements can be performed as a
- Duet—use Flute 1 (melody) & Flute 2
- Trio—use Flute 1, Flute 2, & Flute 4
- Quartet—use Flute 1, Flute 2, Flute 3 & Flute 4
- Flute Choir—use Flute 1, 2, 3, 4, Alto Flute and/or Bass Flute
- Flute Descant can be added to any of the above combinations.
The music in Classical Music for Flexible Flute Ensemble Volume 1 is effective with multiple players on each part, as well as with only one on each part. These arrangements work well for ensembles of mixed abilities, as well as student ensembles. Flute Descant is included for more advanced players. More advanced groups can perform these pieces successfully with minimal rehearsal time.
Each piece approximately 1:30
Level 2 to 3
- Sonatina by Beethoven
- Theme from “Symphony No. 85” by Haydn
- Bourree from “Water Music” by Handel
- Menuet by Bach
- Largo from the “New World Symphony” by Dvorak
- Hopak by Moussorgsky
- Spring from “The Four Seasons” by Vivaldi
- Russian Sailor’s Dance by Gliere
- Theme from “Swan Lake” by Tchaikovsky
- Gavotte by Gossec
- Ode to Joy from “Symphony No. 9” by Beethoven
- In the Hall of the Mountain King from “Peer Gynt” by Grieg